 |
| the river! |
Its another sunny day in Perth today! High of 91. Yesterday it was 88 and I was pretty grumpy so you can only expect it to get worse as the temperature keeps rising. Kidding! I'm doing my best to maintain my mental/emotional stability despite the heat. Although I don't have air conditioning I do have a fan and if I keep my door and window open there some marvelous air flow. Unfortunately this marvelous air flow occasionally slams the door shut which not only scares the bajeezus out of me but also means I have to get up and reopen it. Struggles of life I tell ya!
People are starting to leave to go home or travel more and it is getting really sad. I'm not ready to say goodbye or leave this place! I only have five days left in Perth, I can't believe it! Unfortunately I still have one more final on Saturday at 9am, the last exam day, typical. I've already had two exams and I'm not very confident. Oops. In my first exam I was getting rained on even though we were inside, apparently the roof leaks or something or I'm just losing it. In the second exam, a girl a few rows over fainted or something and had to be taken out of the exam in a wheelchair, on oxygen. SO distracting, but I really hope she is okay! She did not look so good. That exam was brutal. I only needed to get a 48 to pass the class so lets hope!
 |
| the final four |
 |
| grillin' on the barbie! |
On Sunday we met up with Quentin, our darling IFSA coordinator for a final meal together. We had a lovely bbq at the river right next to campus. Some people were studying for exams and other people had other reasons for not being able to come so only the 4 of us that live at Currie Hall made it. It was really delicious though and I'm really glad we went! Quentin brought sausages and kebabs and we grilled them up. He and I were in charge of grilling and with the help of the expert Macedonian barbequerers on the other side we managed to make a successful lunch. According to Quentin, when Aussies barbeque they cook everything until it is black so it is impossible not to be good at barbequing. We managed to cook everything not to black and it was so YUM. Quentin gave us lots of presents including: a tshirt, a boomerang, a cd with slideshows complete with music from our trips and a giant photo of Perth. So generous and kind of him. He took great care of us and we are really going to miss "Uncle" Quentin. :)
 |
| the girls :) |
 |
| the bestttt. |
Last night we not only had to say goodbye to Amanda, but we also said our final farewell to our favorite brewery Little Creatures. I've mentioned it in my blog before and it really is the best place EVER. They have delicious cider and even more delicious pizza. I'm really going to miss the chorizo, sweet corn and feta pizza. SO good. It was a great group of girls to be out with for our final adieu to Little Creatures. Sadly this time we didn't get any free drinks but it was still amazing. I am really going to miss Amanda and Kiara. But hopefully we can all meet up in California sometime soon!
 |
| Amanda, Me, Kiara, Liz & Katrina. LOVE. |
 |
| on the web thing |
After Little Creatures, Liz, Katrina and I walked through the park to a bar where our friend Kate works. Every time we walk through the park we always talk about how we are going to play on the jungle gym but we never do. This was our last chance so of course we had lots of fun. I have become a self timed photo master and we managed to get several group photos. So glad we finally played on the playground!
 |
| monkey bars | | | | | | |
|
| \ |
|
|
Once the playground fun was over we walked to the Sail&Anchor bar where Kate works. Liz and I actually went there the first time we were in Fremantle so it was really nice to get to go back there, a full circle adventure! The bar is huge and one of the best in Western Australia. We ordered more ciders and sat outside in the beer garden. Lucky for us, Kate got a 1/2 hour break and was able to come and hang out with us for a bit! All in all a great night.
 |
| Kate & I :) |
Well, that's all for now. I will have a lot more to talk about after this weekend. Tomorrow we are having an Aussie Thanksgiving and cooking up a big dinner for the exchanges and a few of our friends. Should be delicious! I hope you all have an amazing Thanksgiving! I am thankful for all my friends and family who have loved and supported me and let me know how much they care about me even when I'm far away! Enjoy that turducken VW's. (grrrr.) XOXO LOTS of love from OZ!
No comments:
Post a Comment