Monday, 31 October 2011

how do i become a member of the love bite club?

hoot hoot to all my ChiO loves
Shout out to all of CHI OMEGA for my amazing care package. Can't wait to do the word searches on my multiple flights across Australia! I was stressing in the library today when I got the email saying I had a parcel, so great. The notes made my day and the stickers arrived just in time for Halloween. Love you all!

Lets see. I always feel like blog-worthy events don't happen too often and then I start typing and realize just how adventurous the simplest days can be. Today for instance...I woke up and went to class, well what I thought was class, the room was empty so I am assuming class is over for the semester? So strange. I missed class last week Monday so maybe that is when she announced the schedule since I also went to class last week Wednesday and there was no class. Who knows. I then decided to go to the library to get a jump start on my paper, which is due Thursday, so less of a jumpstart and more of a late start. Of course once I got situated I realized I didn't have my student id and couldn't get any books out anyway. Then I got the email about my ChiO package and decided to leave the library and go get it. Then I sat in the dining hall and wrote out postcards. (If you want a postcard message me your address, the store on campus just got really fun ones!)
Boubar logo

After lunch I decided I needed to bike to mail a very special package to a very special Little ChiO Sister of mine for Little Appreciation Week. ( I hope it makes it there in time!) I borrowed Lyndal's bike (isn't her name so pretty!) Unfortunately it was a very dodgy bike and apparently it might have been permanently borrowed and was not in prime condition. The back wheel was a bit low and the brakes were basically non existent. It was not a stress relieving ride to say the least. After dealing with the crazy hard to understand postal woman I biked to Boubar Cafe for the ultimate stress relief an iced mocha. It has ice cream and other deliciousness in it. YUM. Boubar was a great discovery brought to my attention by the lovely girls of Currie. So great. Their logo is a little creepy but their drinks are delicious so I'll roll with it. :)



scrum? skrum? sckrum? rugby?

Last week we walked to Matilda Bay where the Currie Hall, Tommy More, and St. George's boys took on Trinity College in a rugby battle. Our boys did their best but were sadly defeated by Trinity. Wah. They played really well and it was really exciting to watch. I have no idea how rugby is played or any of the rules, but it is way more manly and tough than American football. They don't wear any padding except some of them where funny hats to protect their ears as well as look very fashionable *cough*Julien*cough*.  The field they played on was massive and the river was on the one side and it was really pretty, the sport was rough but the scenery was calm and relaxing. Minus the flies, the flies in Australia are HORRIFIC and they have no sense of personal boundaries, they will go in your mouth, in your ears, all over the place, so rude. All in all a fabulous afternoon.

my fave little creatures :)

On Tuesday night we had a girls night at Little Creatures. My favorite brewery in Fremantle. They have the BEST cider and amazing pizza. My favorite is chorizo, feta and corn. YUM. We were sick of Currie Hall food and really wanted to hang out with Amanda and Kiara from Murdoch University so we got on the bus and headed off. Unfortunately it was "rush hour" and it took us over an hour and half to get to Freo. Totally worth it. Our waiter dropped a pint glass on our table and it shattered everywhere so he gave us free pints of cider! We saved $90 because our waiter was a klutz. So great. Then we took the train to Claremont where we would have to catch a bus back to Perth. (I'm becoming a public transportation pro, who knew?!) When we got to Claremont we decided to say we missed the bus and had Ron come pick us up. We didn't actually miss the bus but we really wanted to drink more cider and he had offered us a ride SO we may have slightly taken advantage of his offer. Sorry we're not sorry. ;)


Friday night was our Currie Halloween Party. Another amazing party if I do say so myself. Great job Stevie and all of her helpers! The party was at a bar called the Basement which is within walking distance from Currie. We had a room to ourself that was decorated with webs and spiders, filled with our fabulously costumed friends and lots of yummy food. We got 3 free drinks and as previously mentioned delicious food all for the price of our $5 ticket. Epic. There were a lot of really great costumes, I went as a witch, aka wore a witch hat. Dressing up is not my favorite. I did buy some pretty fabulous spider tights, which the package said were one size fits all, apparently they were one size fits all midgets since they came up to approximately my knees. Bummer. It was a really great night and I had lots of fun!



Here are a few photos that would have been more appropriate in the previous blog but weren't available.




Julien and I at his ball. 





Me posing as a person intrigued with the photo. Cristina said I looked smart but I think it was the glasses...The Art Show was amazing and this was a fabulous piece! Congrats to all the participants and winners!







My next Fall challenge for all of you in the US with access to such delicious things as pumpkin spice lattes, etc. is to find this ice cream and tell me if it is any good. I feel like they might not have it by the time I get back to the US, so search for it, try it and let me know!


Happy Halloween from Australia! :) I went as a witch, and I wore these fancy fake eyelashes. They were a hassle to put on but luckily I had the eyelash expert Katrina Dickens on hand to help me out. Hopefully they survive the trip back and I can rock them on another occasion. ChiO plan a mixer that would be acceptable for silver sparkly eyelashes. :)

Hope you're all enjoying that snow and cold weather. Its beach weather all week here...sorry, I'll soak up enough sun for all of us! Love you ALL. xo



No comments:

Post a Comment