First off, blog shout out to
Nara for getting a pumpkin spice latte and telling me about it! You're the best! :)
 |
| Currie Jail |
I hope you all are enjoying fall...it is really starting to get warm here...like my room is a sauna warm, and Currie isn't as kind as F&M and our rooms are not airconditioned. I will surviveeee. The worst part is that the room we always hang out in and watch movies and tv in is getting knocked down tomorrow as part of the renovation and construction. No matter what I can't avoid construction. Its becoming more and more like a maze at this place. There are new fences every day and our route to and from Uni is so messed up, I feel like I'm in jail! The gaps in this fence in the photo have since been filled in and we are completely blocked in.
Things have been pretty busy since we got back from Bali. We only have about 3 weeks left of classes, then a week study break and then finals. I was sort of hoping to have all early finals so I could possibly come home for Thanksgiving but unfortunately my exams are the 17th, 18th and the 26th...bummer. But its okay...now I have more time to travel. Since coming home is no longer an option I have begun to have a lot more fun here...funny how that works out. I think after finals I will travel to New Zealand or maybe just go to Sydney and explore the east coast. On December 16th I am going to climb the Sydney Harbor Bridge with my friend Katrina for her 21st birthday! SO excited!!! On December 17th Vince and I will be flying to Mauritius and a few days later I will be reunited with the fam! YAY!
 |
| Oktoberfest! |
 |
| Sundowner |
Last week Friday was Oktoberfest at the Tav on campus. So fun! We all just hang out and drank cider/beer and played drinking games and just had a grand old timWe started drinking at around 2pm and continued til 5 when we walked back to Currie and kept drinking at the Sundowner. The Sundowner was kind of a lame party, but it was nice eating outside. The Sundowner was a party to celebrate the knocking down of the buildings. I think they are getting knocked down sometime this week, not sure why we had the party so early but it was pretty fun. The booze was gross and the pizza was not so good but ya can't win 'em all.
 |
| Skye & I :) |
Last Saturday, Julien was kind enough to invite me to the Tommy More Ball. It was awesome! How can you not love drinking, delicious food, dancing and the company of lots of great people? The ball was at the same place the Currie Ball was and the food was just as delicious. Their ball had a live band which was really great. Unfortunately once the band was done their source of music was an ipod that the songs kept being changed every 45 seconds, kind of annoying. And yes, they did the Eagle Rock and everyone dropped their pants and I was just as uncomfortable as the first time it happened. So funny. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of Julien and I but I managed to find one of me and Skye this crazy fun girl who I sat next to at the ball. We were dancing buddies, as well as bathroom buddies, I didn't really know very many Tommy people so it was nice to have someone there to hang out with. She kept things interesting to say the least. ;) Overall an awesome night, I'm so glad Julien invited me! :)
 |
| mad coloring skillz. |
 |
| Jasen & I, love the masksss! |
This week Currie definitely kept us busy. I had an architecture paper worth 60% of my grade and microeconomics paper both due on Friday, but luckily I managed to get both of them done and enjoy all the activities this week!Wednesday was International night and it was very fun! It was really well organized and the decorations were so cool. The theme was Dia de Los Muertos (Day of the Dead), and some people dressed up and looked really great. When we got our invitations there was a skull picture to color in for a door prize. I colored mine in for probably 3 hours. It was a pretty epic afternoon. If there was a profession where all I had to do was color pictures in I would definitely attempt to get into that field. I might have to make that happen...just saying.Every table setting had a really fancy mask to wear and a skull bead necklace, awesomeeeenesss. At the beginning of international night there was a parade of flags with a representative from each country carrying their flag. (great work Liz, ya did America proud), then there was a Tai Chi sword performance, which was a minor struggle since the stage wasn't big enough, still pretty cool though. There were also several band and singing performances, Manny sang "Candy" by Paolo Nutini and it was really well done.
 |
| GNO <3 |
 |
| back of the shirt |
Friday was GNO 2011 ( Girls Night Out!), I stayed in Thursday and finished both of my papers...I even handed them both in early on Friday, go me! GNO was so much fun! The boys had BNO and we went on separate pub crawls and then met up at the last bar. Not only were our shirts FABULOUS but everything was really fun and exciting. Everyone had challenges they had to complete throughout the night, the first one to complete it won a prize. Liz had to propose to a stranger and managed to propose to the bouncer at the first bar...go Liz! Katrina did an EPIC interpretative dance in the middle of the dance floor and it RULED. My challenge sounded easy but took a lot of scoping to complete. I had to find a guy in a purple shirt, go up to him and say "Oh look we're twins!" Ryanne and I searched all over the bar and finally saw a guy in a purple shirt, the DJ! So I managed to complete my challenge at the first bar and then didn't have to worry about it anymore! Apparently alcohol makes me a kleptomaniac because when I woke up on Saturday morning I had 2 guys belts, one of them was Armani! Oops. That's what they get for climbing on our party bus and taking off their belts!
 |
| hey mr dj. |
Saturday everyone was pretty hungover and it was pretty hot out so we planned on just hanging out and not doing much. Then of course Victor my RA asked me to play in the interhouse volleyball tournament and I can't say no to that boy so I did. B House ended up winning! We rule. It was so much fun. I think the best part was that at no point was anyone rude or meanly competitive. We literally had a great set of games and everyone had a great time. There was music, hotdogs and fruit and it was a really great day. My arms are still pretty sore but it was super fun and even better I didn't get hurt!
I don't have any work due for the next few weeks so that is exciting. I have a research paper due the first week of November on the Australian economic depressions that I then have to give a presentation on in my tutorial. I think I'm going to start researching it this week because I don't want to leave it til the last minute because then I get stressed out...we'll have to see how well that turns out.
 |
| partnerz in crime. |
Last but not least, shout out to my best friend, partner in crime and adorable sister
Alanna! I can't believe you are 15 already, you are growing up way to fast! I hope you have an amazing birthday, I love and miss you so much! Can't wait to come home and go on DD runs with you! Hugs and kisses and lots of love from OZ! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment