 |
| sunny! |
Wednesday morning Ryanne and I both woke up earlier and were pleasantly surprised to see that it was SUNNY outside. After breakfast we decided to walk to the river and sit and enjoy the sunshine. It was an absolutely gorgeous day. I made a comment about how there wasn't a cloud in the sky and maybe we would get away with no rain today. A few minutes later I looked over the water and saw a single little gray cloud. Never a good sign. Within ten minutes there was an entire cloud formation creeping towards us. It was actually pretty cool to see them suddenly appearing but the impending rain did not seem enjoyable. It didn't rain til night time though which was great since enrolling would have been twenty times more difficult in the rain.
 |
| these signs were all over campus to direct us through the steps |
 |
| 8 step map to enrollment |
I thought pre-registering at F&M was annoying, at UWA it is 300x worse. The process was so stressful and hectic. Not only was it annoying but there were 8 steps and they weren't even all in the same location. I started out in Winthrop Hall where they photocopied my passport and put my name in the system. Then I went down to the basement where they took my id photo. I then had to brave the hall of people trying to get me to join their clubs and give me candy and pencils. Around the next corner both people were talking to other groups of students so I made a mad dash to the end where I picked up my id card and headed across campus for step 5. I apparently was suppose to have checked to see which of my 7 approved F&M classes fit in the time table but I didn't so I had to enroll in all 7 classes. Step 7 was the WORST step ever. I walked into a computer lab and was handed a 10 page packet on how to use the computer program to pick my classes. It was beyond complicated, even for me. I'm pretty sure I figured it out. But while I was preferencing classes, I realized I had only checked the lecture and tutorial times and not the lab times so the schedule I had that worked so well might not work out. So fingers crossed I have a working schedule...we'll find out later today.
 |
| guys jousting |
The Res Club activity for the day on Wednesday was jousting! I did not participate again, mostly since everyone was hitting each other in the head and that did not seem fun to me. It was however very nice to sit on the bouncy part and enjoy the sunshine and watch everyone else beat each other up. That night everyone went ice skating but I opted out since the ice skates were apparently very questionable and I didn't want to fall and crack my head open...so not worth taking risks at this point in the semester!
 |
| catching some rays with the girls |
It rained soo much Wednesday night/Thursday morning. I'm talking crazy thunderstorms and torrential downpours. The wind was crazy and there are a lot of tree branches and flowers all over the ground. It rained on and off most of the day. It would be cloudy but relatively calm out and then all of the sudden the wind would blow and it would start pouringgg. We aren't allowed to complain about the rain though because Perth is in a drought so we will just have to grab our umbrellas and suck it up for a few more weeks when winter is over and it stops raining! It could be worse, it could be snowinggg...or 110 degrees...
The sun is back out so I better catch my rays while I can! xo
 |
| sweet trees by the river with Perth in the background |
No comments:
Post a Comment