Sunday, 24 July 2011

Sunday Sickness


Ahhh, Sunday Sickness...we've all had our fair share of sudden illnesses, the headache that suddenly arrives at midnight, or the stomachache from too much food at lunch that just doesn't allow us to go to church...but here in Perth I am experiencing a new kind of Sunday Sickness...Sunday HOMEsickness...I haven't really been homesick yet but today was definitely the worst day yet. Sundays at home are my favorite day! We all just hang out and we're completely free of any outside distractions and it is just our family and we all just act silly and have lots of laughs and so many great memories. I want to play Cranium with Jack...he does the best blowfish impression...



To try to beat the homesickness before the afternoon tea party we have to go to today to meet the principal of the college I went for a walk in King's Park. King's Park is HUGE. We walked for about 2 hours and we barely scratched the surface. Unfortunately I didn't bring my camera so all the pictures are taken from the internet. Hopefully the next time I go I will remember to bring my camera. Anyway the park is massive, and there are all these cool places to stop and rest, or just hang out. There are a bunch of green areas and big fountains, and some pretty botanical gardens. Some of the paths are walking paths only, and others are for cyclists as well. The whole walking on the left thing was scary enough without including cyclists who are supposed to ring their bells when they are behind you and passing, which is courteous and all but if you don't hear them approaching you basically have a heart attack. It took us about 40 minutes to get to the actual park so the first part was kind of boring view-wise, the company and conversation however were extremely enjoyable. We walked through a part of the park, over the Lotterywest Federation Walkway which was a really pretty bridge that went over a part of the park. Then we walked down what felt like a million steep stairs and walked along the river back to campus, just in time for lunch.

That's all for now since we're off to meet the principal of Currie Hall!

Missing the family like craazyyyyy. Play Cranium for me! XO






No comments:

Post a Comment