Thursday, 11 August 2011

how are you going?

best wally world trip ever.
First off, let me just say that I am so happy ^ this guy, is home and well. I was really worried, and am so happy to hear that Nate the Great has pulled through. Now everyone, let me say this once more, you are all supposed to be EXTRA careful and safe until I get home. So stop worrying me and listen! :) xo





Life has been pretty chill down under. Not much has really been happening. I apologize for not blogging but I was waiting til I had lots of marvelous stories to share. Currently I am enjoying a $6 can of Pringles, not a typo, they are actually $6...personally I think they taste better when they cost more....




When I go to class I enjoy them a lot, when I don't go I think about how I should listen to the classes online, but usually I don't. In one of my classes I wasn't on the roster because I had switched in to it. The professor asked what my name was and when I told him everybody laughed. Apparently my  name is just too long and awesome for Australia. :)  I'm working on getting my motivation in motion though so don't worry Mama, I'm on it. I really like school here, the campus is beautiful which might be part of the problem. I always find myself looking up into the trees to see all the pretty birdies. There are these really cool green, red and blue parrots in the trees on my way to class and they are just so pretty. Apparently people here aren't as intrigued because they don't seem interested and they also get a little bit annoyed when I bump into them because I'm not looking where I am going...sorrry! The whole traffic/walking thing has gotten a little better. Except on campus people are from all over the world so it is kind of just a mad swarm of people in all directions and you have to just weave in and out. Bikers ride where we are walking and provide just another obstacle to avoid. As you all know I have a serious problem with indecision and the other day a woman was biking towards me and I started to panic and couldn't decide what way to go, at the last minute I second guessed my decision and then she fell off her bike, awkwarddddd.
I might have put this picture up already but I just recently was informed that if you give your key to someone they will give you the key so you can climb the tower! I think I might just have to do it!
This is just one of the many distracting buildings on campus. Other than the campus being beautiful the accents of the professors are also great. Here they say compulsory instead of mandatory, and when you write papers they are assigned in terms of words as opposed to pages. Weird. They also write the date day/month/year which gets me very confused some times, but I'm sure once I'm used to it coming home and writing the date month/day/year will be equally as confusing.


the entrance
Life at Currie Hall is pretty snazzy as well. So many great people and overall just a great place to live. My room gets cleaned every Wednesday, and they change my sheets and make it all neat and tidy, so great. This Wednesday was particularly special because it was the Welcome Dinner! The theme of the dinner was a Night on the Orient and the dining hall was decorated and set up so well. The room looked amazing and the people who planned and organized it did a fabulous job! There was even 2 Chinese Dragons dancing around the room at the start of the night. There were drummers and gong players and then these dragons ran through the dinner and were jumping and dancing all around. I felt bad for the guy who was the tail of the dragon because he not only had to run around with his head down, but he also had to pick the front guy up whenever the dragon was meant to be taller. The costumes were so cool, the tail wagged, the mouth moved and the eyes even blinked and winked!



Dragon Dance Costumes
There were also several performances by other people, singing and piano playing and such. They also played a game  where 3 people had to race to put the most Cocoa Krispies into a cup in 30 seconds using chopsticks. The dinner was alright, the appetizer was fish balls (vomvomvom.com), spring rolls which were great and satay which I almost ate. Luckily I asked first and was informed that satay was covered in peanut sauce, close call. Its a dangerous place down here. I took a nap the other day and woke up with a scratch on my head. So maybe I'm just the danger. Who knows.

Anyway, I will try to post again soon, we're going to the beach today and Rottnest Island tomorrow so I'm sure I will have lots of photos and stories! Miss you all, remember to stay safe. LOVE you all. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment