Tuesday, 2 August 2011

my feet hurt...and its only day 2

Well, it has been an interesting 48 hours. I woke up early and did all my laundry, nothing like clean clothes to start the week off right. My first class was God, Mind & Knowledge, a philosophy class and i can already tell that it is going to hurt my brain, but in a good way. The intro class itself had me thinking more than I was prepared for. It is very different going to classes here because they are huge and there are people of all ages in every class. This class was relatively small, probably like 60 people and we have multiple lecturers who switch on and off. After philosophy I had economics which was in the business school on the other side of campus. The lecture theatre was huge and there were probably close to 200 people in the class. There was a couple people who talked the whole class and it was so rude and distracting but the professor couldn't here them and didn't do anything about it. Luckily all the lectures are recorded so I can always go back and re-listen to them in my spare time, or if I happen to miss class it isn't a huge debacle.

After lunch was geology and I have never wanted to run out of a class more in my life. There was just something about it that was absolutely awful. The professor was nice and all but the class just sounded awful and we were crammed in these little chairs with those weird tables that like swivel out and in front of you, not enough space for me at all, I was very uncomfortable. When the professor started talking about the mandatory trip we had to take over break for 5 days to look at rocks in the middle of nowhere I knew I had to get out of it. After class I asked someone in my dorm how we switched classes and they assured me it was really easily done on line. Sadly, this was not the case. This morning after going to my art and architecture class, that was in a 300 person room, that was full, people were literally sitting on the stairs, I started the process. I had to go to the administrative office, fill out a form, bring the form all the way across campus to the business school, have someone sign it there and then bring it back to the office. Apparently it is going to take 5 days to be enrolled in the class but I just go to it as if I were still in it anyway. So bizarre.

greenhouses!

On Wednesdays I have 3 back to back classes, 2 are in the business school and 1 is in the arts building, unfortunately for me the locations alternate so I will have to run across campus as fast as I can to make it to all these classes. But its okay because the greenhouses are on my route and they make me smile and feel at home. :) At least now though since I am out of geology I don't have a lab and I don't have any classes on Fridays!

This is a really boring post. Sorry Zach, I ran out of photos but wanted to make sure you guys knew what was up and that I am very happy with my classes now that they are rearranged. Even though the classes are ginormous, and everything is really different from F&M, my professors accents make it so much easier to pay attention.


That's all for now. Hopefully more exciting things start to happen, but not until my feet heal. They are covered in blisters, I've gone through like 2 boxes of bandaids already, I feel like I am 7 again.

Miss you ALL! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment