 |
| throwback photo. :) |
First, good luck to everyone starting school again! Especially Zach and Gabi! We are all very proud of you and wish you the best of luck in all you do! Make us proud! xo
 |
| B400's | |
We had our floor dinner at the beginning of this week, and it was awesome. It was really nice to go out with the people we live with as well as have a break from the not so great food at Currie Hall. I haven't really met all the people who live on my floor so it was also the perfect opportunity to meet everyone. We went to a restaurant called Santa Fe in Subiaco. It was really good Mexican food, their drinks had nothing on On the Border, but ya can't win them all. Dinner was paid for by Currie Hall and the floor outing idea is something they really push. I think it is a really beneficial program because not only do we get free food, but we also can interact with people who although they live on our floor might not have the same schedules as us so we miss out on seeing them.
 |
| balloon pets. Marsha wins. |
The other day I came back early from class and found Aleck and Matt outside my room making balloon dogs. I have no idea why, or what they are for but I am now the proud owner of 6 balloon dogs. Well less proud today since they're almost deflated but they're cool nonetheless. Sorry I ruined the surprise without meaning, but I appreciate the thought.
 |
| scoreboard. ouch. |
 |
| no idea what's happening |
Last night the IFSA kids went to an Australian Football League (AFL) game. Its like soccer, football, volleyball, rugby and basketball combined. It's pretty violent and no one wheres pads, just real short shorts and tight jerseys. One of the players got knocked out and was taken to the hospital, I hope he's okay. I'm not entirely sure how the game works, it was pretty confusing, really long, and I went to happy hour beforehand, which may or may not have affected my ability to understand the game. The ball is a funny shaped yellow football. And if at any point it gets kicked into the stands, the fans gladly throw it back into the game which is different than at home, because people get to keep like baseballs and things at games. But I guess a baseball is pretty different from a footy ball.
 |
| Johnny the anime bully. |
Their mascot Johnny, is this terrifying anime looking character. We literally witnessed Johnny run across the field during the little tots halftime game and pick this kid up and then drop him. You can see the horror on the kid in reds face. And Johnny is just running away as if he is the strongest guy in the world. Cool Johnny I'm glad you think it is acceptable to pick on kids smaller than you...you remind me of a large ginger I know...and that Zachary is what you call blog burn. Boom roasted. Kidding love you. :)
 |
| LEGEN....wait for it...DARY. |
They don't eat hotdogs at sporting events, instead they eat beef pies. I was the only one who ate one, but it was pretty delicious. More delicious after Quentin told me to put tomato sauce (they don't have ketchup here, its beyond upsetting) on it, which improved it tremendously. It was a really awkward thing to eat by hand but I managed fine. It just tasted like a pot pie that had no veggies inside, just beef. It could have been worse, I survived and recommend it to anyone going to an AFL game so they can enjoy the full experience.
 |
| roughh lifeee as a Docker |
Unfortunately the Dockers played the worst game ever. They scored 2 goals in the first quarter and then didn't score again until the third quarter. They made an attempt at a comeback but by then it was just too late. The Magpies obliterated them. We didn't stay til the end of the game but we had enough of the experience at that point. Plus the people sitting around us were spitting and yelling and rude and weird. SO we bailed. But it was really fun and maybe I will go again, but first I think I would learn the rules, and maybe go sober...it could only help right?
Another week has just flown by! Hopefully exciting things happen in the next week so I can blog about them, but we have no IFSA trips or anything for a few weeks so maybe we will just have to make something happen...
I hope Irene doesn't take it too hard on any of you...stay inside and stay safe! Miss and love you all! xo
 |
| Quentin made us wear purple, Megan missed the memo though... :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment