 |
| Thumper's got it bad. |
That's right people back home, spring has sprung down under! Although I am very sad to be missing out on the very best of the fall season AKA "sweaters, boots and pumpkin spice lattes" to quote Lauren Parra, I think the sunshine will pull me through. New Zealand and Australia decided that September 1st would be the first day of spring, so unlike the rest of the world where seasons change on the 21st of the month, in Australia they change on the 1st. So fancy. The first day of spring here was gorgeous, and then it got cold and rainy, but its cleared up now and this week looks like it is going to be phenomenal. On the first day of spring I had a class and the professor asked us why were weren't more hormonal and excited that it was spring, thus why I have included a Bambi twitterpated photo to this blog. :) Apparently there are lots of new and exciting art and plant exhibits in King's Park this month so I will definitely have to go check those out.
I honestly haven't really been doing much. It rained this weekend and was kind of cold so we didn't take our usual beach trip. We did go shopping and it really made me question the fashion sense of Australia. They are kind of strange, expensive and not really my style. I definitely am not lacking for any clothes anyway since I literally brought my closet so I should be fine without them. I did manage to find a purse small enough to bring out with me, but big enough to hold my epi pen! Win!
 |
| TiAmo's |
On Friday it was our friend Jasen's birthday. So after a few too many drinks at the tavern on campus we went out to dinner at this really cute restaurant called Ti Amo's. We went out with a group of about 18 of us. Jasen had already gotten sick earlier before we went out so we figured he would be fine for dinner. Unfortunately this was not the case and he proceeded to throw up on the table, in the middle of the restaurant, right before our food came out. Luckily it wasn't too messy and wasn't a big deal at all, but still a funny tale that he was so willing to let me share! Happy birthday Jasen! Better luck next year :)
 |
| Mauritius |
On Saturday everyone went out, but I just really wasn't feeling it. I went and hung out with Julien who gave me a google earth tour of Mauritius in hopes of getting me more excited for our trip there in December. I mean look at this picture, how could I not be excited?! We toured the world via google earth, I showed him the farm and he showed me all the hot spots of MU. The tour of the island definitely got me more excited to go...but first I have to make it through this semester and survive our study break trip to Bali!
 |
| Google logo on Father's Day |
Sunday was Father's Day in Australia!!! Happy Australian Father's Day Dad! :) Check out the fancy google logo, also go look at the google logo today! It is Freddie Mercury's 65th birthday, so when you click on the second 'o' it plays a music video. It's pretty cool, I've watched it like twice. No big deal, its not like I need to study or anything.
This week is a pretty hectic one. I have an art test tomorrow, a microeconomics test on Thursday and a paper for my philosophy class due on Monday. Friday is the Currie Hall Ball, the theme is Winter Wonderland, which I find ironic since its spring now... oh well. I'm sure it will be a grand old time.

Despite my hectic schedule, I have been spending a lot of time on google/google earth, as you may have noticed from the end of this blog. Google earth is awesome, I even google earthed one of my favorite places. Its only the best place, because only the best person I know lives there. And despite the fact that this someone wouldn't let me sit in the adirondack chairs that look out on the ocean the last time I visited, I have been promised the next time I go that I can sit in them. So until then, google earth is as close as I can get. Its kind of creepy if you think about it, that you can look up any place and have it come up exactly how it looks. Technology both intrigues and terrifies me. But look how pretty this place is! :) How's that for a blog shout out Sean Mitchell? :)
The work is definitely starting to pile up over here, but as long as I don't get too distracted by the weather or google I think I will pull through :) The week ahead looks pretty busy so hopefully I will have lots of photos and things to share with you! Good luck to everyone headed back to school, and have a great Labor Day! Love you all! xo
 |
| almost all of the Currie Hall exchange girls :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment